Commercial DirectorStuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced medical sales professional with a substantial will to win to join our team. Experience of distributor management and capital sales is essential.
In this role, you will also be responsible for building and developing the team and installing monitoring capabilities of the KPIs necessary to provide oversight, support, and intervention at the rep level in the execution of the right tasks that deliver the desired results.
You will also be integral to helping develop your country specific strategic plans for all product platforms.
You can expect to:
· Transform and drive the sales organization into a high-performance sales force delivering above market growth through differentiated service and support of our customer base.
· Drive the sales team to achieve clear performance standards of quota attainment– that align to the company’s vision, purpose and values.
· Collaborate with the International Platform leaders to create and implement sales strategies, plans, goals, and objectives.
· Work with Sales Operations to continually optimize sales force deployment, territory sizing, structuring, and sales rep education and training.
· Recruit, hire and retain sales talent focused on achieving revenue objectives – identifying, qualifying, and closing sales opportunities — penetrating deeper into existing accounts as well as prospecting and converting new accounts.
· Provide direct feedback to the various platform teams as well as other functions to ensure awareness of critical information pertaining to value prop, product performance challenges, competitive landscape, etc…
· Work collaboratively with the International Leadership team, especially your regional VP, to ensure that all aspects of the business operate at their most effective for the benefit of the company through our customer centric model.
· Actively manage the sales team and their prospective sales pipelines, accurately forecasting revenues and identifying mitigations plans to offset any short-falls.
To be successful, you will need:
· A dynamic, aggressive change agent with the ability to move customers to action, with tenacity and drive to over perform business goals.
· Proven experience driving significant improvements with a team and business.
· Proven track record of managing distributors and direct sales organizations.
· Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets in both Capital and Consumable sales including tender management and reimbursement.
· A clear and proven background in building an executable business plan with a robust and thorough knowledge of the principles of marketing, forecasting and sales operations.
· Demonstrate advanced knowledge of our company, our key customers, and the capital and consumable products industry to include: key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, reimbursement and government regulation; how product offerings impact customers.
· A strong sales operational mindset with specific experience of transforming a “stale” organization.
· Experience coaching and developing sales managers to improve productivity of their respective teams through clearly defined expectations, tracking and monitoring activities and resulting revenues, hiring talent and retaining high-performance reps.
· Experience in navigating complex structures within the hospital environment across the geography.
· Persistence and resilience as we work through the transformation process, building a high-performance market differentiated sales force.
· Demonstrated consistent track record of exceeding expectations.
Degree Level education, Master level education preferable.
Seniority Level: Director
Industry: Medical Device, Hospital & Health Care
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Sales, Business Development Marketing, Management